The Council has recently agreed in principle to continued funding for the Digital by Design programme started a few years ago.
New work will build on much of the work already done and should therefore be faster and more effective giving greater benefits and cost savings.
Stockport’s Improved Website
Some of the key points from the plan are:
- Every project should lead to further cost savings of £2 over the next five years for every £1 spent
- Particular projects in the coming phase are
- Automatic data handling in revenues and benefits – more information you provide on the web site will quickly and automatically update council records with less need for staff processing making for a better and cheaper service
- More information will be shared and exchanged between council departments so more often they should have your details and information and this will also save council staff time
- Digital receptions in libraries will be rolled out further across Stockport
- Along with many other departments Digital by Design will have lower staff levels – 55 full time equivalent positions over the next two years. Wherever possible staff are retrained into other council positions